30 July, 2009

2nd Blog For 1st Day

My first experience with a propeller driven airplane was on 24th July, 2009 (Friday). The plane was Firefly's flight to Kuala Terengganu in the afternoon. It was very noisy on my walk to the airplane, as a nearby plane was getting ready to take-off.

The newly renovated Subang terminal was a sight to behold. It was a refreshing change from the days of the old terminal. I regretted not taking shots of the old terminal during my rare visits there. Those were the days of film camera, when I didn't have the luxury of a digital camera as the technology hadn't existed then.

The plane was slightly more cramped than AirAsia's. The 45 minutes flight was without drama, as I was told that occasionally planes flying at lower altitude experiences air pockets where the airplane will plunge suddenly and cause the stomach to churne. During the short flight, pastry and drinks were served. The flight ended too fast because the plane landed shortly and kudos to the captain for the smooth landing. The view from above Subang was a refreshing change from my usual view from Sepang.

No comments:

Post a Comment